Teachers who want to learn more about teaching with technology will find this Massive Open Online Course (MOOC), Introduction to Technology-Enabled Learning (TEL), informative and engaging. Using up-to-date learning design and simple, accessible technology, the course runs on an easy-to-use learning platform available via the Internet. The course is designed for teachers who want to build on their knowledge and practice in teaching and learning with technology. It will run over five weeks and requires approximately three to five hours of time each week. Designed to accommodate teachers’ busy schedules, the course offers flexibility with options for learning the content. You will learn from readings, videos, discussions with other participants and instructors, meaningful exercises, quizzes and short assignments. Certification is available for those who wish to complete all required exercises and quizzes.
- Meet online with teachers all over the world who are also learning about technology-enabled learning
- Be supported by instructors who understand technology-enabled teaching and learning
- Explore easy-to-use technologies for classroom and online teaching
- Evaluate best fit technologies for teaching/learning contexts
- Experience a fun and collaborative learning environment via the Internet
- Receive a certificate on completion of required activities
Who Should Participate?
Introduction to Technology-Enabled Learning is designed for teachers in diverse contexts – secondary education, post-secondary education and vocational education. You will benefit from this course if you are teaching face-to-face or in a distance/online environment. Anyone interested in improving teaching and learning would enjoy participating in this MOOC.