This course is designed for anyone interested to learn about biorisk management. Especially, the course is offered at an introductory level to create awareness about the importance of managing biorisks. People with basic knowledge of life sciences will benefit more from the course. However, the specific target audience of the course are bio-safety staff in hospitals, public and public organisations with large number of staff, and sanitation officials in the municipal/ local governments.
After completion of this course you are expected to be able to:
• Describe biological agents and assign them to their risk groups.
• Perform a risk assessment.
• Develop a strategy for mitigation of the risk posed by biological agents by the application of pertinent controls.
• Design and develop a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for a specific process.
• Assess the performance of the controls by conducting a review of the process.
Two levels of certification are available based on your level of participation and completion of tasks/activities:
Certificate of Completion: requires viewing of all the video lectures (100%), participation in all the discussion forums, completion of all the weekly quizzes with a score of 80% and above, and successful completion of the case study.
Certificate of Participation: requires viewing of all the video lectures (100%), participation in all the discussion forums, completion of all the weekly quizzes with a score of 80% and above.
Copyright 2022· All rights reserved